Knoxville’s Homecoming is Friday, Sept. 24, 2021, but there are events and activities taking place all weekend to help you celebrate! The Knoxville Alumni Association has lots of fun events planned to help you reconnect with classmates and friends, all while supporting Knoxville. See the schedule of events below.
FRIDAY, September 24, 2021
Businesses around the downtown will have the last 70 years of homecoming posters displayed in their windows and stores. See if you can find your class poster by visiting these businesses. Participating businesses will honor a 10% discount if you show your membership card while shopping. Shop local!
- 10:30 AM Doors open at THE GRAND THEATRE for annual Alumni meeting
- 11:00 AM Annual Alumni Association meeting Open to all Alumni and Friends of Alumni — REMINDER you do not have to be a graduate of Knoxville High School to be an Alumni member. We do have Friends of Alumni memberships available. Pop, water, coffee, and popcorn served to all attendee’s courtesy of KAA.
- Annual meeting of KAA board
- Presentation of new KAA website
- Silent Auction
- Membership drive
- Memory books & Panther Flags for sale
- 12:00 PM Please have lunch at your favorite local restaurant and do some shopping downtown! Participating businesses will be offering a 10% discount if you show your membership card. Please support our local businesses and present your card for your discount.
- 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM – The Grand Theatre will be open showing films that highlight the past years at Knoxville high school – films provided by Curt Schwanbeck. Concessions available for purchase from the theatre
- Membership drive
- Silent auction
- Panther Flags for sale or order
- Memory books for sale
- 2:30 PM Homecoming parade line-up on Main street between Fremont and Iowa Streets. All alumni are invited to join for parade
- 3:00 PM Homecoming Parade
- 4:00-6:30 PM – block park gathering on the square – There will be tents and tables available on 3rd Street to meet up with your friends and classmates. The A&P Beer garden will be open. Several restaurants and bars on the square will also be open.
- 6:30 PM Class reunion line-up at the Historic Ken Locke Stadium
- 7:00 PM Introduction of Classes- Panthers play Creston for homecoming
- 8:00 PM Panther Block Party on 3rd and Main
- Dance to live music
- Tent, table and chairs for socializing
- Adult beverages available for purchase at A&P
- Coffee Connection will be open from 8:00 to 10:00ish for purchase of chili, corn bread and
- Grand theatre will be open until 9:00 pm for purchase of concessions
SATURDAY, September 25
- 2nd annual Bags tournament located in beer garden on 3rd and Main.
- Registration at 1:30 PM
- Starts at 2:00 PM
- Cost is $20.00 per team
- Limited to 24 Teams
- Teams can contact Maureen Nichols at 641 891 7095 to pre-register
NOTE- Free Will donation containers will be located at the Block party! All proceeds from free will donation, sales of flags, memory books and memberships will go towards providing scholarships for graduating Seniors from Knoxville High School each year!
Thanks again for making this a great event! #IChooseKnoxville